Monday, June 11, 2012

Lately: Beach

A few weekends ago, we took Emma to the beach for the first time. 
Five months in California and she'd never been to the beach. 
I know what you're thinking.
What the what? 
So we fixed that.

Also, Mark had just gotten into town. Perfect (second) excuse.

I don't think she realized that she was at the beach. Mostly she likes being outside. Also being held by Eric.



I don't know if she realized these were waves. She did recognize wind, however.
Wind makes Emma go hhhhhhaaaauuuuuummmmm.
Which is also, incidentally, the noise she often makes after sneezing. Or if she's being all cheeseball with us.





What really got her was the sand.
She didn't quite know what to make of it.





All in all, I think Emma's still pretty ambivalent towards the beach.
Whatever guys. I got this. It's outside. Beyond that, I don't know what this is, but I got this.
We'll go back.
Hopefully before five months have passed.

1 comment:

  1. I love the pictures, Wendy. I'm with Emma -- not at all sure what to make of sand...

    Also, you need to update your little blurb, especially since Tiny is now named Emma :)

    ReplyDelete