Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Blerg.

Where the what have I been?

I ask myself that on a nearly daily basis. Every day, I wake up with grand plans for things to accomplish (today I will finally update my blog and post that book review! today I will finish crafting that toy for Emma that I started in January! today I will update my Etsy shop! 

And most evenings I find myself not willing to do more than wash a load of diapers and make scones for breakfast. Or, you know

But since I'm still not done with that book review I promised a friend a month ago (because they're hard to write, man), and since I've been grossly neglecting my Etsy shop (because TAXES, yuck), and because I have a serious backlog of blogformation, I'm throwing caution to the wind and not doing things in order and posting an update of our lives before finishing what I've already started.

Because, really, we have a pretty awesome life and I miss this place.

But more importantly, because who is this girl?



Who picked out that outfit above. We had a different shirt on her and she opened her shirt drawer and picked up the silky one and carried it on her head until we changed her. And then she picked out those giraffe shoes which are actually a size too big, but she sat on the floor and tried to put it on her foot over and over until we put them on to prove to her they were too big and she stood up and clomped away and wouldn't let us take them off.

This girl who wants to do nothing but be outside, all day, every day, ALL THE TIME.
Preferably on a swing.



And who if she has to be inside, only wants to READ ALL THE BOOKS OVER AND OVER. 



And who makes faces at the camera.






And who loves yellow dandelions, but doesn't understand the fluffy ones. So she runs off, waving it in the air, and the puffy bits fly through the air behind her and she has no idea how beautiful it is. How beautiful she is.



Lest you think it's all dandelion-fluff-fairy dust, though.

Sometimes, meals look like this:


But yesterday, meals looked like this:


And it was no you will not put that oatmeal in my mouth I will pick it out with my fingers and throw it on the floor do you not SEE the teeth I'm growing? You suck, lady, and WHERE'S MY DADDY?

And then I took off her shoes and apparently I had put one on wrong (?), because her TOE WAS BENT BACKWARDS AND IT WAS RED AND SHE SCREAMED. 

And I texted Eric this picture:

 

and said something like: oh my god Emma's toe is broken she's screaming and justlookatit! OHMYGOD. 

And he was in class, so he ran out of class and called me and by that time she had watched a video of puppies on youtube and was giggling and didn't even notice when I squeezed her toe and so of course I figured out it wasn't broken but OHMYGOD.



And then there was naptime and Pooh Bear and all was right in the world.



At least for right now.

4 comments:

  1. Love this! She is TOO CUTE, and sassy, which is the best ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this even more than your impending book review, which I know will be awesome :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so beautiful, Wendy.

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. This made me smile. And get even more excited (as if that were possible) for our lil' girl to get here.

    ReplyDelete